Senior Living in Accord, New York
Top zip codes in Accord, NY: 12404
- Accord scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Accord scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Island View, Culinarians Home, and The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Rondout Country Club, Hudson Valley Resort & Conference Center, and Stone Dock Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Rondout Valley RV Campground, So-Hi Campgrounds, and Mohonk Preserve.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Schnitzler R, St Marks Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,243, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,173, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,130, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Accord receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Accord has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Accord has a very sparse population density of 94.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Accord have a very long daily commute time.
- Accord has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.67%.