Senior Living in Ackworth, Iowa
Top zip codes in Ackworth, IA: 50001
- Ackworth scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Ackworth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Windsor Manor - Indianola, Shirlee\'s Retirement Home, and Good Samaritan Society - Indianola.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Shady Oaks Golf Course, Indianola Country Club, and Pleasantville Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Buxton Park, Downey Memorial Pk and Indianola Off-Leash Dog Park, and Banner Lakes at Summerset State Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Mt Calvary Lutheran Church, and St Thomas Aquinas Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,661, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,472, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,894, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.20%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ackworth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ackworth has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ackworth has a very sparse population density of 28.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ackworth have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ackworth has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.69%.