Senior Living in Acworth, Georgia
- Acworth scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Acworth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Devereux Treatment Network, Cartersville Medical Center, and Wellstar Paulding Hospital.
- There are 86 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dogwood Forest of Acworth, Northstar Place , and Flora\'s Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 250 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookstone Golf & Country Club, Cobblestone Golf Course, and Centennial Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Kennworth Park, Hubert Park, and Holiday Harbor Marina & Resort.
- There are 111 churches in or near the city, including Mount Olivet Baptist Church, Atlanta Marriage & Wedding Ceremonies, and Calvary Baptist Church-Acworth.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,146, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,053, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,226, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Acworth receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Acworth has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Acworth has an average population density of 1,313.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Acworth have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Acworth has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.90%.