Senior Living in Ada, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Ada, OK: 74820
- Ada scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Ada scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valley View Regional Hospital, Chickasaw Nation Medical Center, and Carl Albert Indian Hlth Facil.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ada Housing Authority , Ballard Nursing Center, and Brookdale Ada.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Eccentric Duffer, Inc., The, Lakewood Golf Course, and Oak Hills Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Ada Sports Complex, Hidden Valley RV Park & Mini, and Wintersmith Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Ada First Indian Baptist Church, and Central Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,388, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,816, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,543, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ada receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ada has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ada has a sparse population density of 100.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ada have a very short daily commute time.
- Ada has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.48%.