Senior Living in Adair, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Adair, OK: 74330
- Adair scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Adair scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avondale Cottage , Colonial Terrace Care Center, and Shady Rest Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Osage Golf Course, Pryor Creek Municipal Golf Course, and Vinita Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Woods Kennel & Fairchase Hunt Club, Green Country Mobile Home & RV, and Parks Portable Buildings.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Adair Christian Church and Adair United Methodist Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,619, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,057, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,089, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adair receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Adair has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Adair has a very sparse population density of 29.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adair have an average daily commute time.
- Adair has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.49%.