Senior Living in Adams Center, New York
Top zip codes in Adams Center, NY: 13606
- Adams Center scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Adams Center scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samaritan Summit Village , Samaritan Keep Nursing Home, and Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Tomacy\'s Golf Course, Bedford Creek Golf Course, and Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Sackets Harbor Battlefield, Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Park, and Public Square.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Adams Center Baptist Church, Adams United Methodist Church, and Hood Thomas G.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,273, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,362, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,875, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.18%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adams Center receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Adams Center has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Adams Center has a very sparse population density of 77.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adams Center have a short daily commute time.
- Adams Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.11%.