Senior Living in Adams, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Adams, NE: 68301
- Adams scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Adams scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Gold Crest Retirement Center).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Beatrice Country Club, Hidden Acres Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Country Club -East Eighteen.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sterling Village Park, Stagecoach Lake State Recreation Area, and Wagon Train Dam-Site 8 Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including American Lutheran Church, Reformed Church of Firth, and Firth Reformed Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.59% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,365, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,431, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,151, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.76%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adams receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Adams has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Adams has a very sparse population density of 14.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adams have a long daily commute time.
- Adams has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.74%.