Senior Living in Adamstown, Maryland
Top zip codes in Adamstown, MD: 21710
- Adamstown scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Adamstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Inova Loudoun Hospital, Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr, and Frederick Memorial Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Buckingham\'s Choice, Bethany Living II, and Edenton Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Vfw Country Club, P.B. Dye Golf Club, and Worthington Manor.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Heaters Island Wildlife Management Area, Temple Hall Farm Regional Park, and Rose Hill Manor Park.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including Adamstown Community Church, First Missionary Baptist Chr, and Frederick Baptist Temple.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 53 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,557, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,622, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,071, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.25%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adamstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Adamstown has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Adamstown has a sparse population density of 176.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adamstown have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Adamstown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.42%.