Senior Living in Addison, New York
Top zip codes in Addison, NY: 14801
- Addison scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Addison scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Painted Post, Colonial Square Senior Village, and Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Three Rivers LLC.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Pinnacle State Park Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf Club, and Corning Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Pinnacle State Park Lodge, Sunflower Acres Family Campground, and Erwin Mountain State Forest.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Addison United Methodist Church, Advancing Gospel In Angola, and Hall James E.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,233, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,300, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,884, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Addison receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Addison has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Addison has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Addison have a long daily commute time.
- Addison has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.20%.