Senior Living in Addison, Texas
Top zip codes in Addison, TX: 75001
- Addison scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Addison scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 39 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dallas Medical Center, Select Specialty Hospital, and Medical City Dallas Hospital.
- There are 275 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silverado Dallas Hospice at Home, The Madison On Marsh, and Capital Senior Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1440 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Prestonwood Country Club -Creek, Preston Trail Golf Club, and Bent Tree Country Club.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Wagging Tail Dog Park, Vitruvian Park, and NorthBark Dog Park.
- There are 388 churches in or near the city, including Accor North America, Schreiber Memorial United Meth, and Center for Spiritual Living.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 568 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 53 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 399 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,017, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,874, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,723, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Addison receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Addison has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Addison has a dense population density of 3,237.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Addison have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Addison has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.08%.