Senior Living in Adel, Iowa
Top zip codes in Adel, IA: 50003
- Adel scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Adel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Adel Assisted Living Apartments, Adel Acres, and Spurgeon Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, River Valley Golf Course, and Executive Course at Jester Park Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Dallas County Fair, Island Park, and The Brenton Arboretum.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Panther Creek Church, St John\'s Catholic Church, and Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,353, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,349, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,452, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.95%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adel receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Adel has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Adel has a very sparse population density of 57.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adel have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Adel has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.81%.