Senior Living in Adkins, Texas
Top zip codes in Adkins, TX: 78101
- Adkins scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Adkins scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southeast Baptist Hospital, San Antonio State Hospital, and Tx Ctr For Infectious Disease.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Care Manor, Cynthia\'s Residential Care Home, and Southeast Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Las Palomas Country Club, Pecan Valley Golf Club, and Woodlake Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Cowboy Cool Outfitters, Calaveras Lake Park, and Cowboy Cool Outfitters.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, Salem Sayers Baptist Church, and St Jerome Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,566, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,528, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,511, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Adkins receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Adkins has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Adkins has a sparse population density of 154.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Adkins have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Adkins has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.12%.