Senior Living in Advance, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Advance, NC: 27006
- Advance scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Advance scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Davie County Hospital, Forsyth Memorial Hospital, and Medical Park Hospital.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bermuda Village Retirement Cen, Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Trinity Elms.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 219 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Valley Golf Club, Bermuda Run Country Club -Gold/Silver, and Tanglewood Park (Championship Course at Tanglewood Park).
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Tanglewood Park, Forest Lake RV & Camping Resort, and Boone\'s Cave Park.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem United Methodist Chr, Hillsdale Baptist Church, and Macedonia Moravian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 61 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,862, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,551, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,036, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Advance receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Advance has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Advance has a sparse population density of 221.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Advance have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Advance has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.15%.