Senior Living in Afton, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Afton, MN: 55001
- Afton scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Afton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital, Hudson Hospital, and Hudson Hospital.
- There are 109 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hometown Senior Living, Comforts of Home Hudson, and Project Caring Residential Asssisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 235 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Valley Golf Course, Prestwick Golf Club at Wedgewood, and Woodbury Par 3.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Afton State Park, St Paul East RV Park, and Kinnickinnic State Park.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including Memorial Lutheran Church, St Peter Lutheran Church, and Shepherd of the Valley Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 90 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $108,752, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,648, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,551, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Afton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Afton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Afton has a sparse population density of 110.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Afton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Afton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.61%.