Senior Living in Afton, New York
Top zip codes in Afton, NY: 13730
- Afton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Afton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (The Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (New York State Veterans\' Home - Oxford).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Afton Golf Club, Belden Hill Golf Club, and Sundown Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Kellystone Park Campsite, Oquaga Creek State Park, and Nathaniel Cole Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Afton Baptist Church Parsonage, Afton Baptist Church, and Renton Barbara A.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,235, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,655, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,570, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Afton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Afton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Afton has a very sparse population density of 57.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Afton have an average daily commute time.
- Afton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.54%.