Senior Living in Afton, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Afton, OK: 74331
- Afton scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Afton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Craig General Hospital and Eastern State Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Green Country Residential, Family Care Center of Fairland, and Grove Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Coves Golf Club, The, Blue Course at Shangri-La Resort, and Vinita Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Cherokee Spur Ranch, Bernice State Park, and Pine Island RV Resort.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, First Church of God, and Assembly of God Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,426, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,082, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,874, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Afton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Afton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Afton has a very sparse population density of 64.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Afton have a long daily commute time.
- Afton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.42%.