Senior Living in Agawam, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Agawam, MA: 01001
- Agawam scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Agawam scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baystate Medical Center, Park View Specialty Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Quail Run Estates, The Atrium at Cardinal Drive, and Heritage Hall South.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 335 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Anne Country Club, Crestview Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Springfield Armory, Chicopee Memorial State Park, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 196 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Agawam, Bethany Assembly of God, and All Saints Parish.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 244 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,805, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,453, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,931, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Agawam receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Agawam has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Agawam has an average population density of 1,465.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Agawam have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Agawam has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.20%.