Senior Living in Aiken, South Carolina
- Aiken scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Aiken scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Aiken Regional Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tri-Development Center-Aiken, Anchor Health and Rehab of Aiken, and Hitchcock Place .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Creek Golf Club, Azalea/Dogwood Course at Houndslake Country Club, and Woodside Plantation Country Club -Wysteria.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Citizens Park, Crossroads Jensen Communities, and Virginia Acres Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including South Aiken Baptist School, Mount Anna Baptist Church, and Cedar Creek Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,111, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,256, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,217, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,723 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.90%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aiken receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aiken has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Aiken has a sparse population density of 186.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aiken have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Aiken has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.46%.