Senior Living in Airville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Airville, PA: 17302
- Airville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Airville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country View Manor, Hart Heritage Estate, and Brereton Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Golf Club, Red Lion Country Club, and Geneva Farm Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Susquehannock State Park and Eden Mill Nature Center).
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Mc Kendree Methodist Church, Fawn United Methodist Church, and Bethel United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,246, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,025, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,283, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.25%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Airville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Airville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Airville has a very sparse population density of 80.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Airville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Airville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.32%.