Senior Living in Airway Heights, Washington
Top zip codes in Airway Heights, WA: 99001
- Airway Heights scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Airway Heights scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Eastern State Hospital, Deaconess Medical Center, and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.
- There are 80 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Haven Homes, Princeton Place Adult Family Home, and Convent of The Holy Names.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 200 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Ridge, Creek at Qualchan, The, and Indian Canyon Golf Course.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Overland Station RV Park, Ponderosa Falls RV Resort, and Ruby\'s On Silver Lake.
- There are 94 churches in or near the city, including Westside Church of Christ, Airway Heights Baptist Church, and Airway Heights Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,597, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,156, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,172, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,052 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.73%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Airway Heights receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Airway Heights has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Airway Heights has an average population density of 865.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Airway Heights have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Airway Heights has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.71%.