Senior Living in Akeley, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Akeley, MN: 56433
- Akeley scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Akeley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including May Creek Senior Living Campus, Golden LivingCenter - Walker, and Hackensack Senior Class.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Long Bow Golf Club, Tianna Country Club, and Wedgewood Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Akelely City Park, Quietwoods Campground & Resort, and Breezy Pines Resort and Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Our Lady of Pines Rectory and Our Lady of Pines Catholic).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,223, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,554, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,017, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Akeley receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Akeley has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Akeley has a very sparse population density of 15.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Akeley have a short daily commute time.
- Akeley has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.06%.