Senior Living in Akron, Michigan
Top zip codes in Akron, MI: 48701
- Akron scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Akron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Caro Community Hospital and Caro Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hecht Adult Foster Care Home, Circle Drive A I S Home, and Tuscola County Medical Care Community.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Reese, Arrowhead Golf Club, and Caro Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sebewaing County Park, Sebewaing River Campground, and Finn Road Campground and Boat Launch.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Akron Community Church of God, St Elizabeth\'s Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,820, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,698, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,374, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.58%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Akron receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Akron has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Akron has a very sparse population density of 32.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Akron have a long daily commute time.
- Akron has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.88%.