Senior Living in Akron, New York
Top zip codes in Akron, NY: 14001
- Akron scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Akron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home, The Brothers of Mercy , and Bristol Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Dande Farms Golf Course, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Clarence Town Court Justice, Thompson Road Park, and Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Akron, St John Lutheran Church, and St Teresa\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,207, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,990, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,987, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Akron receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Akron has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Akron has a sparse population density of 143.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Akron have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Akron has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.86%.