Senior Living in Akron, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Akron, PA: 17501
- Akron scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Akron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, and Lancaster General Hospital.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Farm, Ephrata Manor, and Fairmount Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 175 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Bent Creek Country Club, Foxchase Golf Club, and Hawk Valley Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wolf Sanctuary of PA, Old Mill Stream Campground, and Longs Park.
- There are 201 churches in or near the city, including Akron Church of the Brethern, Akron Mennonite Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 181 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 71 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,034, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,027, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,468, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Akron receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Akron has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Akron has a dense population density of 3,096.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Akron have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Akron has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.96%.