Senior Living in Alachua, Florida
- Alachua scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Alachua scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Shands Rehab Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holliman Group Home, Plantation Oaks Senior Living, and The Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Gainesville National Country Club, West End Golf Course, and Meadowbrook Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Travelers Campground, City-Alachua Recreation Department, and High Springs Campground.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Forest Grove Baptist Church, Christ Central of Alachua, and Alachua Church of Christ.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,541, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,814, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,873, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,745 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alachua receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alachua has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alachua has an average population density of 730.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alachua have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alachua has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.44%.