Senior Living in Alameda, California
- Alameda scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Alameda scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alameda Hospital, Alameda County Medical Center, and Kindred Hospital-san Leandro.
- There are 571 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Goldencare Assisted Living, Inc. #2, Golden Age Bayside Assisted Living, and Alameda Healthcare and Wellness Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 899 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including The South - Jack Clark Course at Chuck Corica Golf Complex, Metropolitan Golf Links, and Regulation Course at Lake Chabot Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve, Candlestick Point State Recreation Area, and Anthony Chabot Regional Park.
- There are 310 churches in or near the city, including St Albert\'s Church, St Barnabas Church, and Central Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 986 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 66 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 365 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,005, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,693, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,218, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alameda receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alameda has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Alameda has a dense population density of 6,337.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alameda have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alameda has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.26%.