Senior Living in Alamo, Texas
Top zip codes in Alamo, TX: 78516
- Alamo scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Alamo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Knapp Medical Center, Rio Grande Regional Hospital, and Rio Grande Rehabilitation Hosp.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including San Juan Nursing Home, Estamos Unidos Adult Day Care, and Brook Ridge.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 452 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Alamo Country Club, Tropic Star Park, and Tierra Del Sol Golf Club.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Alamo Inn B&B, Gear & Tours, Bit-O-Heaven RV & Mobile Home, and Alamo Palms RV Resort.
- There are 69 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, and El Principe De Paz.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 180 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,687, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,642, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $11,730, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $6,240 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.39%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alamo receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alamo has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alamo has an average population density of 886.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alamo have a short daily commute time.
- Alamo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 52.91%.