Senior Living in Alba, Missouri
Top zip codes in Alba, MO: 64830
- Alba scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Alba scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mccune - Brooks Hospital and Mccune-brooks Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnyhills A Residential Care Home, Bristol Manor Webb City, and Webb City Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Briarbrook Country Club -Hillside, Carthage Municipal Golf Course, and Range Line Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Battle of Carthage State Historic Site, Big Red Barn RV Park, and Landreth Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Alba Christian Church, Christ\'s Church of Oronogo, and Carterville Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,582, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,917, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,362, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,605 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alba receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alba has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alba has a sparse population density of 449.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alba have a long daily commute time.
- Alba has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.28%.