Senior Living in Albany, Illinois
Top zip codes in Albany, IL: 61230
- Albany scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Albany scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center-clinton).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mercy Living Center - South, The Alverno , and Prairie Hills of Clinton.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Wyaton Hills Golf Course, Lake Erie Country Club, and Fulton Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Bickelhaupt Arboretum and Olathea Golf Course).
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Albany River of Life Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and Messiah Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.80% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,508, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,920, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,803, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.89%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Albany has a very sparse population density of 65.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have an average daily commute time.
- Albany has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.36%.