Senior Living in Albany, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Albany, LA: 70711
- Albany scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Albany scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lallie Kemp Medical Center, Lallie Kemp Medical Center, and North Oaks Rehab Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Happy Haven Homes, Inc., Landmark Nursing Center of Hammond, and Heritage Healthcare Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Ironwood Golf Center, Oak Knoll Country Club, and Carter Plantation.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Punkin Park Campground, Calloway RV & Campground, and North Oak Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Albany First Baptist Church, Bethlehem Baptist Church, and Blood River Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,891, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,417, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,217, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,576 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,084 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,909 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.39%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Albany has a sparse population density of 270.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Albany has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.59%.