Senior Living in Albany, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Albany, MN: 56307
- Albany scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Albany scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Albany Area Hospital, Centracare Health System - Melrose Hospital, and Melrose Area Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mother of Mercy Campus of Care, CentraCare Health - Melrose Park View Center, and Hyatt House of Holdingford.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Albany Golf Club, Meadowlark Country Club, and River Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including El Rancho Manana Campground, Sauk River Park, and Melrose City Administration.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Seven Dolors Rectory, Our Saviour\'s Lutheran Church, and Sacred Heart Rectory.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,769, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,481, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,663, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Albany has a very sparse population density of 48.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Albany has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.51%.