Senior Living in Albany, New York
- Albany scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Albany scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Peter\'s Hospital, Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including De Paul Housing Management, Holt House, and St. Peter\'s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 378 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Schuyler Meadows Club, Shaker Ridge Country Club, and Wolferts Roost Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Bleecker Stadium, Washington Park, and Townsend Park.
- There are 332 churches in or near the city, including Blessed Sacrament Catholic Chr, Morning Star Missionary Bapt, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 228 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,613, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,735, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,676, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Albany has a dense population density of 4,978.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Albany has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.87%.