Senior Living in Albany, Ohio
Top zip codes in Albany, OH: 45710
- Albany scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Albany scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (O\'bleness Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kimes Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Laurels of Athens, and Hickory Creek of Athens.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Elm Golf Course, Athens Country Club, and Pine Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lake Snowden, Wisteria Event Site and Campground, and Fox Lake Wildlife Area.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Albany United Methodist Chr, Albany Baptist Church, and Zion Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,105, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,446, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,277, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.27%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Albany has a very sparse population density of 54.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have a long daily commute time.
- Albany has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.36%.