Senior Living in Albany, Oregon
- Albany scores lower than the Oregon average of 67.
- Albany scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Samaritan Albany General Hospital and Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Timberwood Court Memory Care Community, Cambridge Terrace by Bonaventure, and Brookdale Heritage Plaza.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club of Oregon, The, Spring Hill Country Club, and Golf City.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Albany Parks & Rec Administration, E E Wilson Game Management Area, and Ankeny National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including A Grooming Place, First Church of God, and First Church of Christ.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,475, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,884, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,372, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,553 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,920 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Albany has a sparse population density of 457.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Albany has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.28%.