Senior Living in Albany, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Albany, WI: 53502
- Albany scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Albany scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Park CBRF, Morning Sun Care Home, Inc., and Kelly House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Evansville Country Club, Decatur Lake Country Club, and Edelweiss Chalet Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Abrahams Woods State Natural Area, Magnolia Bluff Park, and Crazy Horse Campground.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Albany Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Paul Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,476, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,481, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,454, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albany receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albany has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Albany has a very sparse population density of 47.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albany have a long daily commute time.
- Albany has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.01%.