Senior Living in Albert City, Iowa
Top zip codes in Albert City, IA: 50510
- Albert City scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Albert City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Buena Vista Regional Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant View Home, Laurens Care Center, and Good Samaritan Society - Newell.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Newell Golf Course, Laurens Golf & Country Club, and Lake Creek Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Albert City City, Pickerel Lake State Wildlife Management Area, and Gabrielson Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Arts Paul-louis Rev).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.26% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,569, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,457, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,682, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albert City receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albert City has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Albert City has a very sparse population density of 13.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albert City have a short daily commute time.
- Albert City has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.40%.