Senior Living in Alberta, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Alberta, MN: 56207
- Alberta scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Alberta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Stevens Community Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West Wind Village, Prairie Community Services, and Skyview Court.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Pomme de Terre Golf Club, Graceville Golf Club, and Appleton Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Mathison State Wildlife Management Area, Muddy Creek State Wildlife Management Area, and Chokio State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Morris Assembly of God, Assumption Church, and Assumption Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,370, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,537, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alberta receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alberta has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Alberta has a very sparse population density of 5.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alberta have a short daily commute time.
- Alberta has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.88%.