Senior Living in Albertville, Alabama
- Albertville scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- Albertville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Marshall Medical Center North, Marshall Medical Center South, and Marshall Medical Center South.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Merrill Gardens at Albertville, Albertville Health and Rehab, and Marshall Manor Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Boaz Golf Club, Albertville Golf & Country Club, and Willow Brook Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Albertville Recreation Department, Town Creek, and Seibold Camp Ground.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Blessing Church of Christ, Alder Springs Presbyterian Chr, and Altoona First Methodist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,011, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,571, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,027, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,578 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,570 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albertville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Albertville has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Albertville has a sparse population density of 323.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albertville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Albertville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.82%.