Senior Living in Albion, Iowa
Top zip codes in Albion, IA: 50005
- Albion scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Albion scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Iowa Veterans Home, Hawkeye Care Center Marshalltown, and Grandview Heights Rehab and Healthcare.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including South Hardin Recreation Area, American Legion Memorial Golf Course, and Elmwood Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Brekke Memorial County Park, Daisy Long Memorial County Park, and Riverview Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Albion United Methodist Church, Bangor-liberty Friends Church, and Reorganized Church of Jesus.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,825, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,622, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,777, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.53%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albion receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albion has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Albion has a very sparse population density of 27.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albion have a short daily commute time.
- Albion has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.79%.