Senior Living in Albion, Indiana
Top zip codes in Albion, IN: 46701
- Albion scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Albion scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Parkview Noble Hospital and Community Hosp Of Noble County).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Ridge Village Nursing and Rehab Center, Chandler Place, and Hickory Creek at Kendallville.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Augusta Hills Golf Course, Limber Lost Golf Course, and Eel River Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Black Pine Animal Sanctuary, Chain O\' Lakes State Park, and Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Albion Apostolic Camp, Albion Wesleyan Church, and Wawaka Church of Brethren.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,160, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,633, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,174, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,410 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,360 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,629 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albion receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albion has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Albion has a very sparse population density of 82.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albion have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Albion has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.03%.