Senior Living in Albion, Maine
Top zip codes in Albion, ME: 04910
- Albion scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Albion scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Inland Hospital and Mainegeneral Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Volmer Country Living Center, Goudreau\'s Retirement Inn, and Quarry Rd Residential Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center, Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, and Lakeview Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Camp Caribou, Lake Saint George State Park, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including Albion Christian Church, Getchell Street Baptist Church, and United Pentecostal Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,891, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,667, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,015, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.79%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albion receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Albion has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Albion has a very sparse population density of 52.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albion have a long daily commute time.
- Albion has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.94%.