Senior Living in Albion, Washington
Top zip codes in Albion, WA: 99102
- Albion scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Albion scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Pullman Memorial Hospital and Whitman Hospital And Med Cntr).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Precious Elders Adult Family Home, Avalon Care Center - Pullman, and Gentle Hands With Grace LLC.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including WSU Public Golf Course, Colfax Golf Club, and University of Idaho Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Rose Creek Nature Preserve, Klemgard County Park, and Harrison Tot Lot.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Presbyterian Church of Pullman, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.64% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,887, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,271, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,214, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,716 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albion receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Albion has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Albion has a dense population density of 2,164.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albion have a very short daily commute time.
- Albion has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.82%.