Senior Living in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Albrightsville, PA: 18210
- Albrightsville scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Albrightsville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, and Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The, Hideaway Hills Golf Club, and Indian Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including The Woods Campground, Beltzville State Park, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Peter the Fisherman Church, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,465, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,020, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,128, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.27%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albrightsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Albrightsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Albrightsville has a sparse population density of 263.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albrightsville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Albrightsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.01%.