Senior Living in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Albuquerque scores significantly higher than the New Mexico average of 66.
- Albuquerque scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital, Heart Hospital Of New Mexico, and Carrie Tingley Hospital.
- There are 105 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Homes With A Heart Assisted Living - Solano Dr., Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque, and Atria Vista Del Rio.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 538 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including University of New Mexico - North Course, Championship Course at the U of New Mexico, and Puerto Del Sol Golf Course.
- There are 54 parks near the city center, including Summit Park, Wellesley Park, and Hyder Park.
- There are 284 churches in or near the city, including Catholic Engaged Encounter, Sombra Del Monte Christian Chr, and Bella Vista Baptist Church.
- There are 37 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 195 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.50%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Mexico has an average state income tax of 3.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,994, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,788, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,222, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,500 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,046 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,868 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,414 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Albuquerque receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Albuquerque has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Albuquerque has a dense population density of 2,581.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albuquerque have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Albuquerque has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.62%.