Senior Living in Alburnett, Iowa
Top zip codes in Alburnett, IA: 52202
- Alburnett scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Alburnett scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Lukes Hospital).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alburnett Senior Housing, Emery Place, and Winslow House Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowview Country Club, Rolling Acres Golf Club, and Hunters Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Pinicon Ridge Park, Pinicon Ridge County Park, and Fross Park.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Alburnett United Methodist Chr, St Stephen\'s Catholic Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,378, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,750, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,281, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.74%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alburnett receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alburnett has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alburnett has a very sparse population density of 45.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alburnett have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Alburnett has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.08%.