Senior Living in Alcoa, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Alcoa, TN: 37701
- Alcoa scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Alcoa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Blount Memorial Hospital, Peninsula Hospital, and Lakeshore Mental Health Inst.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including D and S Community Service, Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Fairpark, and Brookdale Browns Creek.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 274 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Meadow Country Club, Egwani Farms Golf Course, and Lambert Acres Golf Club -Orange/Red.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including River John\'s Outfitters, Southlake RV Park, and Carl Cowan Park.
- There are 161 churches in or near the city, including Central Baptist Church, Armona Baptist Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,660, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,185, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,542, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,250 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,074 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,138 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.14%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alcoa receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alcoa has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Alcoa has an average population density of 646.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alcoa have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Alcoa has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.60%.