Senior Living in Alda, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Alda, NE: 68810
- Alda scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Alda scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Francis Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Wood River, Bickford of Grand Island, and Lebensraum Assisted Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Wood River Country Club, Indianhead Golf Course, and Grand Island Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Heartland Public Shooting Park, Crane Trust Nature and Visitor Center, and Hall County Parks Superintendent.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Alda United Methodist Church, Northridge Assembly of God, and Abundant Life Christian Center.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,407, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,208, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,238, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,847 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,970 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alda receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alda has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Alda has a very sparse population density of 58.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alda have a very short daily commute time.
- Alda has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.72%.