Senior Living in Alden, Michigan
Top zip codes in Alden, MI: 49612
- Alden scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Alden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kalkaska Memorial Health Center, Walnut Street Afc, and Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Chief Golf Course, The, Bellaire Golf Club, and Farm Golf Club, The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Torch Grove Campground, Chain O\' Lakes Campground, and Shanty Creek Resorts - Cedar River Village.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Alden United Methodist Church, Hope Lutheran of Bellaire, and Antrim Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,275, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,036, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,024, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.41%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alden receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alden has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alden has a very sparse population density of 47.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alden have a long daily commute time.
- Alden has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.16%.