Senior Living in Alden, New York
Top zip codes in Alden, NY: 14004
- Alden scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Alden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greenfield Health and Rehabilitation Center, The Brothers of Mercy , and The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Lancaster Country Club, Fox Valley Club, The, and Chestnut Hill Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Darien Lakes State Park, Darien Lake Amusement Park, and Thompson Road Park.
- There are 82 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church of Alden, St John\'s Roman Catholic, and Town Line Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 64 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,082, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,809, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,987, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alden has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Alden has a sparse population density of 265.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alden have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Alden has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.65%.