Senior Living in Alexander, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Alexander, AR: 72002
- Alexander scores significantly higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Alexander scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saline Memorial Hospital, Arkansas Heart Hospital, and Bhc Pinnacle Pointe Hospital.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fox Ridge Luxury Senior Living, Stagecoach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Southern Trace Rehabilitation and Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 289 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Longhills Golf Course, Little Rock\'s Hindman Park Golf Course, and Trace Creek Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Pine Crest Memorial Park, Wilbur Mills Park, and I-30 Travel Park.
- There are 286 churches in or near the city, including Cross Road Baptist Church, Holly Springs Baptist Church, and Crystal Hill Baptist Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,325, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,461, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,823, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,250 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,612 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexander receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexander has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Alexander has a sparse population density of 246.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexander have an average daily commute time.
- Alexander has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.46%.